Featured post

Welcome!

Welcome to my new book review blog, I am going to try and post reviews as quickly as I possibly can. By day I keep myself busy ...

Tuesday 4 December 2018

Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte


♥♥♥♥♥

We as friends decided this year to try our hands at some classic reads, and of course, this came up. and how happy am I that I finally read this? Sure you can watch the adaptions, but they definitely don't do this any justice. 

I listened to the audiobook, narrated by Thandie Newton and she brought it to life, I loved the accents and the pace she set for the book. 

To me the surprise was that even though this book was written in the 1800s, Jane still felt relevant, I could still relate to her. To me, she is a well-rounded character, who although she experienced so much she still held her head high and made the best of a bad situation. Mr. Rochester was the kind of character that you would either hate or love, I just happen to really like him a lot. 

Sure if you want a love story, you might feel a little disappointed, but to read how a young woman became a strong independent woman who stood up for herself, who didn't lie down when the world was against her, then this is definitely the story for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment