Featured post

Welcome!

Welcome to my new book review blog, I am going to try and post reviews as quickly as I possibly can. By day I keep myself busy ...

Friday 7 December 2018

The Wall of Winnipeg and me - Mariana Zapata



♥♥♥♥

There is nothing in the world that will make up for a slow simmering romance book, something that will take you on a ride along a coastal road, making you crave more and satisfying everything you didn't know you needed at that moment. 

While on holiday in July, I felt the need for some soppy love stories, stories where I wouldn't need to think, this was exactly what the doctor ordered. 

Vanessa Mazur knows she's doing the right thing. She shouldn't feel bad for quitting. Being an assistant/housekeeper/fairy godmother to the top defensive end in the National Football Organization was always supposed to be temporary. She has plans and none of them includes washing extra-large underwear longer than necessary.

But when Aiden Graves shows up at her door wanting her to come back, she's beyond shocked.

For two years, the man known as The Wall of Winnipeg couldn't find it in him to tell her good morning or congratulate her on her birthday. Now? He's asking for the unthinkable.

What do you say to the man who is used to getting everything he wants?

Even though this is classed as a slow burn romance, I flew through it, the story was fast-paced. I listened to the audiobook narrated by Callie Dalton and she was the perfect choice for it. I always appreciate when narrators don't give silly voices to the opposite sex narrations. 

"Home is where you are. I would go anywhere for you if you wanted me there"


No comments:

Post a Comment