Featured post

Welcome!

Welcome to my new book review blog, I am going to try and post reviews as quickly as I possibly can. By day I keep myself busy ...

Friday 1 June 2018

A Life made of Lava – Lissa Del


♥♥♥♥♥

Looking for characters that are instantly likeable? This book is for you. 

A story that will draw you in from the very beginning? This book is for you. 

One that will make you face your worse fears? Jip, you guessed it, this one is for you.

Evie Danvers has three beautiful, if slightly out of control, children; a stray cat named Dr. Moxley and a best friend who drinks unapologetically at 9 a.m. Evie also has stage four bone cancer and a gallows sense of humour that drives her husband, Nick, demented.

I adored Evie’s sense of humour, from making jokes about her own demise to pranking her mother-in-law. Evie hires a nanny, who she ensures will be perfect for the family, especially after she is gone.

As always Lissa Del knows how to spin a story in such a way that it draws you in from the first page, right through to the last, this one is no exception. You are guaranteed to laugh and cry with the characters. 

It is beautifully written and when dealing with a difficult subject such as cancer, I think the author did a wonderful job. 

A special mention also to this cover that is beautiful and just grabs your attention immediately


No comments:

Post a Comment