Featured post

Welcome!

Welcome to my new book review blog, I am going to try and post reviews as quickly as I possibly can. By day I keep myself busy ...

Friday 27 October 2017

Dragonfly in Amber - Diana Gabaldon


♥♥♥♥

I’m not even sorry this book took me almost 2 years to finish, I started it right after reading the first book, and with it being such a bulky book, I would gladly put it down to read something else. But in the last two months, I made a serious point of trying to finish it.

This one was almost as good as Outlander, we follow Jamie and Claire to France, where they have new challenges to try and stop the battle at Culloden. New and old foes battle it out, new and old friends to help them on their journey. I have to be honest that there was a lot of parts that dragged on for pages, and that’s probably the reason why it took me so long to get into the story again.

I laughed, cried, and heaved a sigh of relief. This series is going to be one of my favourites if I can just finish the next books in the series.

There will probably be a lot of readers that will stone me for this, but it does help that we have a wonderful series that gives faces to characters. There will still be people who say they would rather just watch the series, just remember dear ones, there are some major developments that the series does not show.

Here’s to finding long-running book series that you can spend your non-existent time to try and catch up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment